DEREK A. HARVEY JR.
- Family Law
- Landlord-Tenant Law
- General Practice
Derek Harvey, Jr., Devoss, Baker, Ainsworth & Razo's newest associate, is from Charlestown, Indiana. Derek is a 2012 graduate of Charlestown High School and graduated from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2016, receiving Bachelor's Degrees in Criminal Justice and Sociology, while minoring in Political Science. He received his J.D. Degree from Maurer School of Law at Indiana University in May, 2020. During law school, he participated in the Family and Children Mediation Clinic, where he became a registered domestic relations mediator for the State of Indiana.
Derek worked previously as the Head of Voter Registration in 2016 in Clark County, Indiana, and served as a Clark County Recount Commissioner in February 2017. During his law school summers of 2018 and 2019, he served as a law clerk for Judge Vicki Carmichael in Clark County Circuit 4.
Derek was drawn to the Adams County area through his undergraduate and graduate school roommates, who are long-time residents of Berne and Decatur and decided to relocate to Decatur in August, 2020. Our office is enthusiastic and excited for him to become increasingly involved with our community and establish a successful legal career here in Adams County.
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. - 2020
- Honors: Degree Recipient
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2016
- Major: Sociology and Criminal Justice
- Minor: Political Science
- Indiana, 2020
- Registered Domestic Relations Mediator, Family and Children Mediation Clinic 2020
- Clark County Circuit 4 Law Clerk, Summer, 2018 to 2019
- Clark County Head of Voter Registration, September 2016 – July 2017